- 8/14 Fall Athletics Meeting To Include Speaker
- Macri And Pierret Honored By Section III
- Schug Wins State Championship In Girls Track
- Girls Lax Claims Fourth Consecutive Sectional Title
- Wleklinski ’75 Named CBA Lasallian Educator Of The Year
- Junior High Spring Sports Begin Monday, April 7
- Spring Sports Tryout Schedule Monday March 10
- Hockey team begins state title defense with a road win
- Boys and girls basketball teams continue sectional play on Tuesday
- Six More Student-Athletes Commit To Division I Schools
Over 100 Years of Athletic Success
At Christian Brothers Academy, we feel that participation in athletics is a successful component of a well-rounded education.
As a Catholic institution in the Lasallian tradition, CBA promotes the development of the human spirit, mind, and body. The CBA athletic philosophy emphasizes important lifelong lessons that transcend the playing field.
Student athletes learn self-discipline, teamwork, commitment, and sportsmanship through participation in sports, in addition to developing self-confidence, celebrating success, and overcoming adversity. CBA athletics serves as a vehicle for these qualities, as well as fostering a safe and enjoyable environment for our student athletes to develop integrity, loyalty, and strong character.
Over the years, CBA has developed a reputation for fielding competitive, well-equipped, and well-coached teams in all sports. Our teams have been fortunate to have attained success at all levels. While striving for victory is the nature of athletic competition, it is only one criterion used to gauge our program’s success. Encouraging each player to reach maximum potential is our ultimate goal. Along with this comes emphasis on the values of good sportsmanship and fair play, including being modest in victory and accepting of defeat.
At CBA, all students are encouraged to participate in athletics in a way that best suits their abilities, whether as a player; in a supporting role on the team (statistician, equipment manager, etc.) or as the ultimate fan. We are proud of the fact that nearly 80% of our student body participates in some level of interscholastic athletic competition.