1. Attention all students: Remember, all students should aspire to arrive to CBA by 8:00 a.m. daily. Everyone should leave early enough to avoid delays caused by bad weather, icy roads, heavy traffic, construction, etc
2. Calling all artists, grades 7-12….. The 2015 Auction Program Cover Contest is on!
This year’s cover contest is for a student who displays artistic talent in colorful drawing on a 8 ½ x 11 size piece of white paper. The 2015 Lasallian Dinner & Auction theme is “Sweet on CBA” Think candy, candy and more candy! Display the theme name somewhere on the page. All submissions must be turned in to Annemarie Mosley, Associate Director of Special Events in the Development Office by Monday, January 12th. The winning artwork will be printed on the cover of 500 auction programs for the evening of the auction on April 25, 1015. The winner will also receive a $100 visa gift card.
3. Mock Trial will practice on Wednesday from 2:45 to 4:15 in Room 305 rather than in the LGI.
- Cast of Hello Dolly, please show up for your costume measuring IMMEDIATELY after school this Thursday 1/8 OR Friday 1/9. EVERYONE MUST GET MEASURED! Report to the LGI……..any conflicts, see Ms Feldmeth Room 107.
5. There will be a meeting for all JV and Varsity football players today at 2:50 in the chapel.
- The Multicultural Club will have an important meeting on Monday, the 12th at 2:45 in room 211. All members are asked to attend.
- We are excited to announce that CBA is hosting a Cyberbullying and Social Media Prevention and Education Presentation for all Junior High students on Monday, January 12, in the LGI. The presentation will be led by special guest presenter and educational lawyer, Mr. Eric Smith.
To accommodate the entire Jr. High, there will be two separate sessions:
Period 1 – All 8th grade classes – Period 2 – All 7th grade classes
Because time is limited, students should report directly to the LGI during their assigned period.
- There will be a mandatory meeting on Thursday, 1/8 at 2:45 in Room 206 for all students attending the Drama Conference this weekend.
- Attention High School Students: The deadline to register for the February M.A.S. H. camp at the Upstate University Hospital Community Campus is this Friday, January 9th. Go online to http://www.cnyahec.campintouch.com to register. Stop by the Guidance Office if you any questions or need help. The camp is February 19th and 20th.
- Attention Junior Class: The second payment for the class trip to Washington DC is now due. Please bring a check for $210.00 payable to Christian Brothers Academy and give it to your homeroom teacher. All money must be paid by Friday, 1/16.
- Attention 10th thru 12th graders: CBA has met its capacity to provide parking for 135 student vehicles in the main lot nearest the gym and sports fields. Therefore, beginning immediately, all new applicants for permission to park at CBA will receive a specially marked tag permitting parking only in the upper lot across from the Temple off Kimber Road. The sidewalks between the upper lot and the school are plowed all winter long. You must park in the upper lot until main lot student parking spaces become available when seniors complete their time at CBA on Friday, May 15th. Please know that little makes a senior with a legally registered vehicle & main lot parking tag more furious than when a student illegally parks an unregistered vehicle with no parking tag or an “upper lot only” tag in a main lot parking space. Therefore, failure to clearly display your parking tag and park in the proper lot your tag dictates until May 15th will result in complete loss of driving privileges.