Comments : 0
- Information on Summer Programs through Manlius Pebble Hill School can be found in the Guidance Office.
- This week we will be starting a clothing drive for our twin school in Kenya and the drive will go until Spring break. We will be collecting any clothing with the name or logo of CBA. This can include sports clothing, homecoming shirts or any article of clothing with CBA on them. Each grade will have their own box outside of the main office where you can drop-off the Please contribute any CBA clothing that you no longer want. Thank you!!
- Our 8th grade students will be taking their ELA Exam this week periods 1 through 3. Please be quiet as you pass by room 107,109 and the LGI. THANKS
- Get your ticket for our Spring Musical, White Christmas. The performances are Friday, April 15th and Saturday, April 16th at 7:00 PM at Nottingham High School. Tickets are $10.00 and may be purchased from any cast member, the Main Office, Mr. Moretti or Ms. Feldmeth. Please come and support your fellow students.
- Time to submit to the Underground! Short stories, poetry, photography, art, videos of spoken word poetry, original music files, and anything else creative are allowed submissions. Email them to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com with the subject line “Underground Submission.” If you would like to be a junior editor, email a piece of creative work to one of the above emails and inform us that you would like to be considered for the position (must be taking Creative Writing next year). Submissions due April 15th.
- To all 8th graders: On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday homerooms 201, 203, 109, 111 please report to the LGI immediately after homeroom for the ELA. Leave your bags outside of the LGI. Be sure to have your number 2 pencils. Cell phones and other electronic devices are not allowed in the testing room. Be sure to leave them in your locker or backpack.
- If you are interested in volunteering some time at the Lasallian Dinner & Auction on Saturday evening, April 9th please sign up in the main office or you may contact Mrs. Mosley in the Development Office. Volunteer duties include selling raffle tickets, assisting the caterer, and helping in the silent auction as a mobile bidding assistant and live auction. You will be assigned time shifts starting at 5:30pm. It’s really a lot of fun!
- Volunteer Opportunity: On Sunday, April 17th the YMCA in Fayetteville is hosting a Healthy Kids’ Triathlon from 9:00-11:00 as well as Healthy Kids’ Day from 11:00-3:00. If you are interested in volunteering, call Allie Clarke 637-2025 x230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the time commitment you are able to make within the range of 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and if you have any limitations to the service you can provide (i.e., no heavy lifting, no aquatics).
- Onondaga County retired Teachers Association (OCRTA) is offering 2 scholarships for seniors in Onondaga County planning a career in teaching. Information can be found in the Guidance Office.
- Be a donor – save a life! Tomorrow, CBA will be hosting our annual Red Cross Blood Drive in the Callahan gym. If you are at least 16 years of age, you can save a life with a few minutes of your time. Sign-ups will be in the cafeteria during lunch starting Wednesday, March 30th. Questions? See Mrs. Mannion in Room 302.
- Senior High: Summer Registration is now open for Driver Education at Manlius Pebble Hill. Register through their online site at mph.net/community-programs. Or stop in the guidance office for a form.
- Attention Juniors: Your Senior Yearbook start NOW! Interested in helping? There will be a brief meeting at 2:45 tomorrow in Room 103 for Junior interested in working on next year’s yearbook. If you are interested and absolutely cannot make the meeting, please stop by tomorrow morning at 7:45 (April 6th) for information.
- Peer Ministry Applications are available in the Campus Ministry office. Applications are due by Tuesday, April 12th, no later than 3:00 p.m.
- ATTENTION ALL SENIORS! The deadline to submit applications for the Alumni Association Distinguished Senior Award is 8am on Friday, April 15th. This award is presented annually to a graduating senior who best represents what the CBA student should strive to be– an example of Christian Leadership. In order to be considered for the award, students must:
- Submit a written letter of intent. This typed letter must not only represent the student’s desire to win the award, but must offer some reason (s) why the student feels they are deserving of the award.
- This letter must be accompanied by at least two letters of recommendation and a transcript. Letters from your guidance files may be submitted.Finalists will be invited to interview with the Selection Committee on Thursday, May 5th. The winner will receive a $1000 scholarship, a plaque at graduation and assistance from the Alumni/Development Office with finding an internship in their field of study. ALL seniors are encouraged to apply!
- All crew members for White Christmas must attend a very important meeting TODAY immediately after school in Room 206.
- The Select Chorus will rehearse tomorrow at 7:30 a.m.
- Attention Junior Parents: Please help ensure our Juniors have a safe, fun Prom night, by supporting the Post Prom Party. We are asking for gift cards (approximately $20), or get together with other families to donate larger items, as prizes to be raffled at the post party. Donations may be dropped in the Main Office in the Junior Post Prom Raffle Box.