- Attention Boys: Remember the marking period ending TODAY reminds you that your hair needs to be in dress code by start of the new marking period on Monday, May 4th. Make sure your hair is cut above the eyebrows, above the ears, and above the collar by May 4th.
2. The Rotary Club of Dewitt is seeking volunteers willing to help at our annual Pancake Day on Saturday, May 9th under the big tent at Shoppingtown Mall from 7 :00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. A couple of hours will be greatly appreciated for a variety of jobs to be done. To sign up, email MaryAnn Stark at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th the following: Name, Grade, School/Group, Parent Signature, Time (when and how long) you will be able to help, Your contact information (phone/email)
We will gladly sign off on any community service paper work that might be required for your school or organization. Should you have further questions, please feel free to contact MaryAnne Stark at 399-2871.
- Students who signed up to participate in the the Founder’s Day skit of St. La Salle’s life, please report to LGI during your lunchtime – Gr. 9 on Tuesday. Gr. 10 on Wednesday. Gr. 7 on Thursday and Gr. 8 on Friday. Gr. 11 participants, please report to Mrs. Lasda’s room on Wednesday during your lunch.
- Multicultural Club will meet briefly on Monday at 2:45 in room 211
- Some students in Human Relations class are collecting gently used or new sports equipment to be delivered to local programs providing them to needy children. Drop off shoes, equipment, etc. in the big plastic bins in the Main Office and near the gym locker rooms anytime between May 4 and June 1. For more information, see Mrs. Stedman or Campus Ministry.
- Attention Junior High Students– Next week begins our homeroom competitions leading up to our Homeroom Olympics. On Monday you will receive a bandana which you will wear on you or bookbag all week. Entire class has it, you earn points!
There will be a different competitions each day:
Monday will see how many student in your class can solve a math logic problem.
Tuesday how much change can you bring in for us to donate to our twin school in Africa
Wednesday how many old blankets and towels can you bring in to donate to the SPCA
Thursday how many words can you find in one word findOn Friday during homeroom we will sign up for the events to participate in during our final junior high event which
will be on Friday May 8 from 7-9:30. More news on that to come!
Get ready to see who will win the trophy in the first annual CBA Homeroom Olympics!!!
1. Service Opportunities:
- We need 8 students for the Seymour kindergarten Reading Buddies program after school on Thursday, May 7. Sign up in Campus Ministry
- We need 8 students to volunteer at the Samaritan Center after school on Monday, May 18th. Sign up in Campus Ministry.
- All students who signed up or want to sign up to run or walk with Team CBA in the Charities For Children Run on May 17: there will be a short meeting after school Tuesday so you can fill out a registration form. If you can’t come at that time, please stop down to Campus Ministry before Wednesday afternoon to fill out the form. There is still room for new sign-ups!!!
3. To anyone signed up to take the SAT at CBA on 5/2. Please check out the roster on the bulletin board outside the Guidance Office. If you thought you were signed up and your name is NOT on the roster, come see Mrs. Brown right away!
- Attention anyone take the SAT at CBA this Saturday: Please report to the main entrance at 7:30AM. Bring your admission ticket, acceptable photo ID, #2 pencils and an approved calculator. Do not be late or you risk missing the test! Ask Mrs. Brown if you have any questions.
- Hey Seniors, Did you forget something?! Car wash is TOMORROW. We need YOU to volunteer. Shifts are only 1 ½ hours each. If every senior sold one ticket, this would be GREAT. $ due this week!
- LAST CALL FOR JUNIORS to sign up to help with next year’s Yearbook planning. We pick the cover for next year NOW!!! Stop by room 106 to sign up and pick up an information form. The deadline is TODAY.
- Senior Girls : Remember to pick-up your graduation gowns at Mrs. Mulcahey’s desk in the main office. They are $27.
Senior Boys: If you haven’t already ordered your Graduation attire, please do so this week. Check your mail at home in regards to specifics as the letter went out In late March. We recommend ordering at Tuxedo Junction, as they will deliver it here for you after the senior breakfast.
- Seniors: To keep your outdoor free period privilege, 1) you must not litter 2) you must remain outside until the end of period and 3) NO throwing or hitting of balls or frisbees of any kind to prevent distractions. Thank you.