Good luck to 8th grader Lizzie Lucas who heads to Washington, DC to represent CBA in the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Lizzie is the first CBA student to win the regional competition and to compete at the national level. The Spelling Bee can be viewed on ESPN 3 next week. GOOD LUCK LIZZIE!!!
- Seniors: Hey Brothers – As you “leave the scene”…think green!!! Please deposit paperback novels, dictionaries, old summer reading list books, SAT prep books, study guides, etc. into the box! We are also collecting “gently used” or new school supplies! Any unwanted “dress code” clothes can be turned into the Main Office too. Thank you for your donations…the environment thanks you too!
- Summer Driver Education at Bishop Grimes and Bishop Ludden is available to students who are 16 or older by July 5, 2016. Registrations forms can be found in the guidance office or on the Bishop Ludden/Bishop Grimes web sites.
- Attention all Juniors: Many of you will be receiving purple passes from Mrs. Hanson or Mrs. Brown regarding your mandatory junior year college meeting. It’s extremely important that you attend that meeting on the day and period you are scheduled. Also, if you have not turned in your gold Student Activities and College Application Worksheet you need to do so immediately! Extra copies are in the guidance office.
- TODAY all sophomores and juniors will be taking field tests beginning with period 1. Students should remain in their homerooms for testing. Sophomores with accommodations should report to room 205 for testing and juniors with accommodations should report to room 209 for testing. These tests are required by NYS for the purpose of assessing the curriculum not individual student performance. Students should not prepare for the test, but do their best. After the test, sophomores will be dismissed for period 4 and the juniors will report to the LGI.
- Auditions for next years’ Select Chorus will be held Monday, May 23rd and Wednesday, May 25th starting at 2:45 in Music Room 406. You only need to attend one of those dates. All are welcome.