Comments : 0
- Service Opportunity! The Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s is in need of volunteers for a one day of service opportunity. The walk is Saturday, October 3rdat Long Branch Park in Liverpool. It is a 3 mile walk along Onondaga Lake. Kickoff starts at 10 a.m. and there is a ceremony beforehand at 9:40. If students want to volunteer, it would be anytime between 7:30 in the morning to help set up, to 12:00pm when the event ends. See either Campus Ministry or Mr. Cusano for further details.
- Jubilee Members please return your signed paper to Mrs. Moore in Room 310 or in her office mailbox. Our first rehearsal is on Friday, October 2nd after school for instrumentalists.
- When you are late to school due to a medical appointment of any kind, you must give our nurse a note on letterhead from the medical office you had your appointment. Medical offices are used to this procedure, just make sure you ask for the note from their receptionist before you leave. You can have your note faxed from the medical office to our nurse if you like. And, of course, all such notes are handled as confidential by our school nurse.
- CBA-FM Soccer “Red Out.” This Saturday, our girls and boys soccer teams will host FM in a “RED OUT” with all proceeds going to the Heart Association in memory of Lauren Papaleo. Girl’s game will begin at 5:00, boys at 7:00. Donations will be accepted at the gate. Wear RED to show your support for our teams and the Heart Association! Show your support for a great cause!!!
- Teachers and administrators report a steady increase in having to remind students to remove sweatshirts, hoodies, zip-top pullovers, and to tuck in shirts and wear belts. This is not acceptable…We are CBA! As Mr. Keough explained to the senior class on orientation day, one of our most outstanding unique characteristics is that all CBA students take pride in representing CBA through our neat appearance as spelled out in the dress code rules of the CBA handbook that set our appearance apart from all other schools.It is getting colder out– remember, sweatshirts, hoodies, sport pullovers, fleeces, jackets, and zipped tops of any kind are never to be worn during the school day. If you are cold, feel free to wear your long-sleeved oxford shirts and ties and you are all welcome to wear one or more layers dress-code sweaters over your polos or oxfords and ties. Sweaters must be plain-colored crew, cardigan, v-neck, or vest style with no large logos, writing, or zippers of any kind. Everyone is expected to comply with the dress code to reflect our CBA school spirit and pride at all times during every school day.
- If you missed the information meetings for Math Team last week, it’s not too late to sign up!
- High School Students can sign up outside Room 304.
- Junior High Students can sign up outside Room 103.
- Be sure to sign up soon as meets begin in a couple of weeks!
- Reminder, the next Junior High Math Team meeting is Tuesday, October 6th.
- The Upper Room will meet TODAY from 2:45 to 3:45 in Room 210. See Mr. Cusano for any questions.
- There will be an informational meeting for the Neuroscience Club TODAY at 2:50 in Room 314.
- Attention all juniors and seniors taking the SATs this Saturday, October 3rd. Please check the roster on the bulletin board outside of Guidance. If you do not see your name, come tell Mrs. Brown ASAP! Students must arrive at CBA at 7:30AMand bring multiple number 2 pencils, an acceptable calculator, valid photo ID and your Admission Ticket which includes a photo of you.
- There will be a meeting for those who interviewed for the Science Olympiad team, Friday, October 2nd at 2:50 in Room 307. We will be choosing events! Team rosters are located outside of Room 314 and Room 307.
- Due to many scheduling conflicts, the peer mentor training on Sunday, October 4th is cancelled. It has been rescheduled for Sunday, October 18th from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. in the LGI.
- College Visits:
Thursday – RPI @ 9:04
– St. John’s University (Manhattan) @ 10:30
Friday – Yale University @ 8:21
– Hobart & William Smith Colleges @9:44