1. Attention all Students: The elevator is only to be used by students given an elevator privilege pass by the school nurse or with permission from a supervising adult.
- Teams, clubs or CBA groups of students: there is a great opportunity to volunteer as a group through the Town of Dewitt. It is organizing a clean-up of our CBA area on Saturday Oct. 18 from 9-12. Free pizza from Robbie T’s pizza too! See Mrs. Finlay for details.
- There is a meeting for Multicultural Club Monday, October 8th at 2:45 in Mrs. Lasda’s room 211.
4. If you haven’t done so already, all students are urged to bring in the gray sheets which states they have read the Student Parent Handbook. This was due several weeks ago. See Mrs. Mulcahey at the Main office if you need another copy.
1. Crouse Hospital: Students 15 years and older who are interested in a career in medicine, Crouse Hospital sponsors a volunteer program. more information and a registration form can be found in the guidance office.
- Attention Seniors: Good job to everyone who has been meeting on a regular basis with their counselors! If you are planning on applying early to any colleges and HAVE NOT alerted your counselor, please make an appointment ASAP so we can go over everything with you. Keep up the good work and keep meeting with the college admission representatives at CBA.
- Attention Junior and Senior Girls: The I School at Syracuse University is hosting an overnight retreat for any girl interested in a career in the field of technology. The dates are November 9th and 10th. You must apply ahead of time on line at http://www.ischool.syr.edu/ilife/womenintech/theitgirls/apply. Please check out the notice on the bulletin board outside of the Guidance Office or see your counselor for more details.
4. Attention Juniors: The University of Notre Dame offers summer programs for current juniors. There is the Summer Scholars program and the 2015 Leadership Seminars. To apply for either one or for more information, please visit the school’s website. Applications are now open for the summer of 2015.
5. Any former Human Relations and Leadership student interested in serving as a Big Brother or Big Sister to a Jr. High student again this year is asked to see Mrs. Stedman or Mrs. Hanson.
6. ATTENTION STUDENTS INTERESTED IN TRAVELING TO EUROPE IN THE SUMMER OF 2015: There will be an informational meeting for parents of students interested in traveling to Europe this summer on Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. in room 306. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Saba in room 306.
- ATTENTION STUDENTS IN GRADES 9 – 12: SALSA CLUB will meet on Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at 2:45 p.m. in room 306. New students are welcome.
8. The following students are signed up to go Monday to the Samaritan Center. If you CANNOT go, let Mrs. Finlay know as soon as possible as there is a wait list:
Meredith Strott, Isabella Lay, Danielle Kennedy, Rachel Ziemba, Eric Little, Clayton jarvis, ian McConnell, Hayden Spangler, Jennifer Hohler, Joe Sullivan
9. Homecoming Dance- the homecoming dance will be tomorrow from 8-11 PM. The cost is $10 at the door. Casual dress attire suggested, but no inappropriate attire will be allowed.
10. Attention Seniors:
Whenever you choose to spend free period outside in front of the school, you must:
- remain in the vicinity of the metal benches in full sight of the front office- you cannot go to the parking lots or to your vehicles.
- must remain outside until the end of the period unless weather gets bad or medical emergency occurs so office staff is not wasting time opening and locking the doors so frequently.
- must not carry food outdoors- we are finding wrappers.
- must not throw frisbees or balls- parents and CBA employees are reporting their cars are being hit and that it’s distracting to classrooms and guidance offices…bouncing a single ball to play an orderly game of 4-square on the sidewalk is permissable.
- must not use cell phones without permission just like anywhere else on CBA property during school hours.
- violating these conditions can result in replacement of free period with study hall.
11. Seniors – Are reminded to bring in two sheets regarding Graduation which were mailed to your home. One sheet specifies how you want your name to be spelled on your diploma, the other sheet asks you to list the names of family members whom have graduated from CBA. These are due by WEDNESDAY OCT 8th.