On Friday , 10/10, the Lafayette schools will not be is session so all students riding the Lafayette bus need to find another form of transportation to and from school that day.
1. All students: CBA is having a Flag Football tournament at Alibrandi Stadium on October 19. All students and families are invited to form teams and play or just show up and watch and have fun. You can sign up as a team in the cafeteria during lunches starting TODAY. Cost is 10 dollars per team and all donations go to helping CBA junior Jack Sheridan, who is battling cancer.
- Teams, clubs or CBA groups of students: there is a great opportunity to volunteer as a group through the Town of Dewitt. It is organizing a clean-up of our CBA area on Saturday Oct. 18 from 9-12. Free pizza from Robbie T’s pizza too! See Mrs. Finlay for details.
3. If you haven’t done so already, all students are urged to bring in the gray sheets which states they have read the Student Parent Handbook. This was due several weeks ago. See Mrs. Mulcahey at the Main office if you need another copy.
4. ALL STUDENTS – Rubic’s Cube Club will begin meeting after school on Fridays in room 106 beginning with this Friday, Oct 10. No cube needed!
5. Free Multicultural Pot luck dinner on October 22, 3:30-5:30. Bring a dish from your culture. Sign up in Room 211 by Monday October 20th.
6. All Students: Need more warmth than your polo shirt provides? Put on your long-sleeved oxford shirts and ties. If you need more warmth than that, add a plain-colored dress code sweater. Any thick solid color crew, cardigan, v-neck sweater with dress code oxford-style shirt and tie will keep you warm- add a second dress code sweater if you need even more warmth, you can always remove layers if you overheat. No hoodies, jackets, sweatshirts, athletic tops, or anything with zippers allowed!
- Attention all Junior High Lasallian Members: Thank you to all of you who signed up to serve this semester! I am overwhelmed by your spirit! Thank you! If you signed up for the March of Dimes Service Day on October 19th, please pick up a permission slip outside Mrs. Major’s door this week and plan to return in, signed, at our October 16th meeting after school in room 401. If you are planning on serving on the 19th, you MUST attend the October 16th meeting and must have your permission form signed and turned in by that date. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Major!
1 Those students who still owe Mrs. Finlay an application for Camp Alverna service on Nov. 11 need to get the forms to her by Wednesday of this week. If you don’t return the application, your spot will be given to other students who would like to go.
2. There will be a brief but mandatory meeting for any student in grades 10-12 interested in attending this year’s Drama Conference in January. The meeting is on Tuesday, 10/14 at 2:45 in Room 206.
3. ATTENTION STUDENTS INTERESTED IN TRAVELING TO EUROPE IN THE SUMMER OF 2015: There will be an informational meeting for parents of students interested in traveling to Europe this summer on Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. in room 306. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Saba in room 306.
- ATTENTION STUDENTS IN GRADES 9 – 12: SALSA CLUB will meet TODAY at 2:45 p.m. in room 306. New students are welcome.
- Seniors – Are reminded to bring in two sheets regarding Graduation which were mailed to your home. One sheet specifies how you want your name to be spelled on your diploma, the other sheet asks you to list the names of family members whom have graduated from CBA. These are due by WEDNESDAY OCT 8th.
6. The Upper Room will be meeting TODAY at 3 pm in 105. See Mr. Cusano with any questions.
7. Seniors: Too much trash is left behind in the cafeteria during your free periods for Ms. Christy and others to clean up. Appreciate Ms. Christy’s work here by cleaning up after yourselves just like you’re expected to at home!
8. Seniors: Remember, seniors are not allowed into A or B lunch lines during free periods until the lines are completely served. You can’t hold up grades 7-10 by getting into their lunch lines- wait until they are all through before you get food.
9. Attention All Students Taking the SAT at CBA on Saturday, October 11th: Please plan to be at CBA by 7:30am. We will start the exam promptly at 8:00am. If you have not printed out your Admission Ticket, please do so in the next day or two-do not leave it until Saturday to print it out! Please bring your ticket, current photo ID, calculator, pencils and some quick snacks with you on Saturday. See your counselor ahead of time if you have any questions. Good Luck!
- College Visits:
Tuesday @ 8:21/Hartwick College
@ 9:04/Onondaga Community College
Wednesday @ 8:21/Georgetown University
@ 9:47/SUNY College at Geneseo
@1:10/Baldwin Wallace University
Thursday @ 8:21/Clarkson University
@10:30/St. Joseph’s University
@11:10/University of Vermont