On Friday , 10/10, the Lafayette schools will not be is session so all students riding the Lafayette bus need to find another form of transportation to and from school that day.
1. All students: CBA is having a Flag Football tournament at Alibrandi Stadium on October 19. All students and families are invited to form teams and play or just show up and watch and have fun. You can sign up as a team in the cafeteria during lunches starting TODAY. Cost is 10 dollars per team and all donations go to helping CBA junior Jack Sheridan, who is battling cancer.
2. Teams, clubs or CBA groups of students: there is a great opportunity to volunteer as a group through the Town of Dewitt. It is organizing a clean-up of our CBA area on Saturday Oct. 18 from 9-12. Free pizza from Robbie T’s pizza too! See Mrs. Finlay for details.
3. If you haven’t done so already, all students are urged to bring in the gray sheets which states they have read the Student Parent Handbook. This was due several weeks ago. See Mrs. Mulcahey at the Main office if you need another copy.
4. ALL STUDENTS – Rubic’s Cube Club will begin meeting after school on Fridays in room 106 beginning with this Friday, Oct 10. No cube needed!
5. High School Math Team should meet outside the chapel immediately after school today before leaving for today’s meet.
6. Free Multicultural Pot luck dinner on October 22, 3:30-5:30. Bring a dish from your culture. Sign up in Room 211 by Monday October 20th.
7. All Students:
Per Br. Joe’s reminder yesterday… The weather is colder and areas of the building are cooler. If you need more warmth than your polo shirt provides, before you leave home, put on your long-sleeved oxford shirts and ties. If you feel you’ll need more warmth than that, feel free to add a nice plain-colored dress code sweater. Any thick solid color crew, cardigan, v-neck sweater with the dress code oxford-style shirt and tie will go a long way to keeping you warm- feel free to add a second layer of appropriate plain-colored dress code sweater as well if you need that much more warmth, you can always remove the layers if you overheat. No hoodies, jackets, zipped tops of any kind.
- Math Club will not meet today due to the High School Math Meet.
- Attention all Junior High Lasallian Members: Thank you to all of you who signed up to serve this semester! I am overwhelmed by your spirit! Thank you! If you signed up for the March of Dimes Service Day on October 19th, please pick up a permission slip outside Mrs. Major’s door this week and plan to return in, signed, at our October 16th meeting after school in room 401. If you are planning on serving on the 19th, you MUST attend the October 16th meeting and must have your permission form signed and turned in by that date. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Major!
- The Upper Room will be meeting this Wednesday 10/8 at 3 pm in 105. See Mr. Cusano with any questions.
1 Those students who still owe Mrs. Finlay an application for Camp Alverna service on Nov. 11 need to get the forms to her by Wednesday of this week. If you don’t return the application, your spot will be given to other students who would like to go.
2. The following students signed up to go to St. Vincent de Paul after school today. Please meet in Campus Ministry: Andrew Koscs, Tom Benz, Joe Sullivan, Kiersten Kennedy, jack Carey, Danny O’Connor, Madeline George, Ryan McGuire, Ian McConnell
3. There will be a brief but mandatory meeting for any student in grades 10-12 interested in attending this year’s Drama Conference in January. The meeting is on Tuesday, 10/14 at 2:45 in Room 206.
4. SPANISH CLUB Please return your membership & t-shirt forms by TODAY.
5. Attention Junior and Senior Girls: The I School at Syracuse University is hosting an overnight retreat for any girl interested in a career in the field of technology. The dates are November 9th and 10th. You must apply ahead of time on line at http://www.ischool.syr.edu/ilife/womenintech/theitgirls/apply. Please check out the notice on the bulletin board outside of the Guidance Office or see your counselor for more details.
6. Attention Juniors: The University of Notre Dame offers summer programs for current juniors. There is the Summer Scholars program and the 2015 Leadership Seminars. To apply for either one or for more information, please visit the school’s website. Applications are now open for the summer of 2015.
7. ATTENTION STUDENTS INTERESTED IN TRAVELING TO EUROPE IN THE SUMMER OF 2015: There will be an informational meeting for parents of students interested in traveling to Europe this summer on Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. in room 306. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Saba in room 306.
8. ATTENTION STUDENTS IN GRADES 9 – 12: SALSA CLUB will meet TODAY at 2:45 p.m. in room 306. New students are welcome.
9. Seniors – Are reminded to bring in two sheets regarding Graduation which were mailed to your home. One sheet specifies how you want your name to be spelled on your diploma, the other sheet asks you to list the names of family members whom have graduated from CBA. These are due by WEDNESDAY OCT 8th.
10. Seniors: Remember, no senior is allowed into the A or B lunch lines during free periods until A and B lunch line is completely served. You cannot hold up grades 7-10 by getting into their lunch lines- wait until they are all through before you get food.
11. College Visits:
Tuesday @ 8:21/Hartwick College
@ 9:04/Onondaga Community College
Wednesday @ 8:21/Georgetown University
@ 9:47/SUNY College at Geneseo
@1:10/Baldwin Wallace University
Thursday @ 8:21/Clarkson University
@10:30/St. Joseph’s University
@11:10/University of Vermont