All students entering the 7th and 9th grades are required to take the CBA entrance exam as part of our application process. Entrance exams for admittance for the 2019-20 school year are: Nov. 3 and Nov. 17 (choose one)
- Pre-registrations are accepted at Open House
- Walk-in registrants are highly encouraged
- $20.00 fee to take the exam
- Entrance exams are typically given on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of November; Students may choose either Saturday to take the exam (there is no advantage of one day over the other) and students may not take both exams
- The exam begins at 8:00 a.m. and no supplies are required — we provide pencils, scrap paper and snacks
- Use of calculators is not permitted
- Breaks are given between testing sections
The CBA entrance exam is a standardized test that covers the areas of mathematics, English and reading comprehension. There is also an essay required on a topic of our choosing, which allows us to obtain a sample of a student’s writing capabilities. The exams are scored by a testing company and are used as a component in the admissions application process.
Thank you for your interest in Christian Brothers Academy!
Mrs. Holly Dowd