CBA welcomed more than 120 accepted seventh grade students and their families to a reception on Monday, Jan. 16.
President Brother Joseph Jozwiak, FSC and Principal Matthew Keough addressed the sixth graders, who came from various Catholic, public and private schools in Central New York. Seniors Eric Little (Liverpool) and Marisa Peryer (Canastota) offered first-hand accounts of the CBA student experience.
“One of CBA’s most evident features is the family that is created here, I really do think that everybody is pushing for one another to achieve their goals and get to where they want to be,” Little shared.
“Changing schools and facing the unknown terrified me,” Peryer said. “That anxious feeling will evaporate, and soon you’ll find yourself too immersed in the CBA excitement to even remember you were nervous in the first place.”
She added: “This school has given me the opportunity of a lifetime, and I know you all will feel the same as you start your CBA journey.”
Holly Dowd, Director of Admissions, announced the names of each of the accepted students. The accepted students visited with several faculty members on hand, signed up for an upcoming Brother For A Day shadowing experience, purchased CBA apparel, posed for photos and enjoyed refreshments, thanks to the Parents Club.
Thirteen students were recognized as either CBA Academic Scholars or Lasallian Scholarship winners, each receiving a scholarship based on outstanding entrance exam results and an excellent academic record.
Academic Scholarship winners included:
- Emily Ball, Immaculate Conception Elementary School, Fayetteville
- Jackie Duteau, St. Mary’s Academy, Baldwinsville
- Lauren Gascon, Ray Middle School, Baldwinsville
- Logan Roueche, Immaculate Conception Elementary School, Fayetteville
- Mary Sullivan, Holy Family School, Syracuse
- Evan Zimmerman, Volney Elementary School, Fulton
Lasallian Scholarship winners included:
- Finn Doyle, Holy Cross School, Dewitt
- Peyton Empey, Gillette Road Middle School, Cicero
- Georgia Homik, Immaculate Conception Elementary School, Fayetteville
- Mark Khairallah,Onondaga Hill Middle School, Syracuse
- Ethan Krupa, Holy Cross School, Dewitt
- Alexandra Roueche, Immaculate Conception Elementary School, Fayetteville
- Jenna Schaefer, Chenango Valley Middle School, Binghamton
For additional photos, like us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/cbasyracuse/