- Spectators in attendance at school events are expected to have fun by demonstrating positive enthusiasm without causing harm, danger or embarrassment to others or to the school.
- Spectators are to demonstrate common sense—respect toward opponents, players, coaches and officials and maintain self control in their actions.
- Spectators are asked to police their own ranks and demand proper behavior from fellow spectators. One’s individual behavior can affect the total group.
- Spectators are expected to demonstrate respect and pride for the school.
- During the National Anthem, spectators are to face the flag, not to talk, listen to the public address announcer for instructions to sing or not, and to remain still until the end of the anthem.
- Proper language is to be used. No swearing or language which is offensive to others will be tolerated. High school events are a family activity. Individual and group vulgarity is unacceptable, as is verbal harassment and booing of players, coaches and officials.
- Support your child/peer with positive actions and encouragement.
- Cheer for your team, not against your opponents.
- Don’t personalize your comments regarding players, coaches and officials.
- Respect is the key to good sportsmanship. Respect both players and fans from the opposing team. Opposing players are not enemies, but teenagers who happen to attend other schools.
- Be modest and humble in victory or defeat. It is easy to be a good winner and difficult to show class when you lose.
- Acknowledge good plays by both teams.
- Be concerned with anyone who is injured. Give concerned applause when an injured athlete is aided from the field.
- Applaud all participants’ efforts – – win or lose.
- Respect the officials’ judgment and interpretation of the rules.
- Accept victory and defeat with pride and compassion
What CBA Wants Most
- A large turnout at events.
- Exemplary sportsmanship from players and fans.
- To be proud of its teams and fans at contests.
Fans are not at an event to intimidate or ridicule, but to support and enjoy the competition.
Good sportsmanship begins with you!
Thank you for your cooperation and please enjoy our contests!