Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
St. John Baptist de La Salle . . . Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our hearts . . . Forever!
This invocation is familiar to Lasallians - teachers, students, parents, alumni, and Brothers - in over eighty countries throughout the world, and it is recited during the school day in a multitude of languages. This prayer from St. John Baptist de La Salle, founder of the De La Salle Christian Brothers, reminds us of our connection with God and God’s presence in our lives.
At CBA, a school-wide prayer begins the school day, and a moment of prayer and reflection begins each class period throughout the day. Other opportunities for prayer and reflection occur throughout the year including:
The entire CBA community participates in liturgies throughout the school year. They include:
- Mass of the Holy Spirit (September)
- All Saints Mass (November)
- The Immaculate Conception (December)
- Ash Wednesday (February or March)
- Holy Week (March or April)
- The Feast of the Ascension (May)
- The Feast of St. LaSalle (May)
Every first Friday of the month, Mass is also held at 7:30 a.m. in the School Chapel.
There are also special event liturgies held throughout the year:
- Faculty Back-To-School (September)
- All Souls Alumni Memorial (November)
- Seventh Grade & Grandparents/ Special People Mass (November)
- Mother-Son Communion Breakfast (December)
- New Semester Mass (January/February)
- Father-Daughter Communion Breakfast (March)
- Eighth Grade Celebration (June)
- Baccalaureate (June)
All students are invited to participate in the school liturgies. Training is offered for Altar Servers, Lectors, and Eucharistic Ministers (students need to have been Confirmed through their parish to be a Eucharistic Minister).
While we gather as a faith community, we also provide each student the opportunity to reflect on their own spiritual journey through retreats. Retreat days are held for each grade level on a regular basis and include leaving campus and spending the day at a retreat center. Each grade level has a theme, which is pertinent to the developmental issues of the students. In addition, there is a girls kairos overnight retreat and a boys kairos overnight retreat.